Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to School Pageant

I recently had the honor of emceeing the Back to School pageant. It is a fun, one day pageant. Every contestant receives a crown and banner. The judges certainly had a difficult decision! (L-R) E-Dee, Roni, myself and Amanda. They did a terrific job!
I has the honor of being the emcee when Chelsi was crowned Miss Colorado Jr. Teen. She was on hand to help with the contestants. She never complained and even managed to look beautiful while sitting on the floor and working the music! Thank you for all your help!
Another wonderful helper was Kayla. She is the reigning Miss Colorado Cinderella Teen. She really got a work out by running back and forth at the personal messenger between the director and myself. 
I always love messing around with Makayla! She is so much fun. Here we are pretending to fight over the crown. Tee hee!
See, we can share too! Love this wonderful young woman! I look forward to seeing what she will do next!
Amanda has been such a great friend. She helped me learn the ropes the first time I judged a pageant. She also was a terrific queen as Miss Colorado Galaxy 2008. We have a standing lunch date at Jack in the box when we get together for these pageants. I wish her the best of luck on her next title, "mommy".
It is always a pleasure to work with Roni, Mrs. Colorado International 2010! She is so dedicated to her crown and her platform. She took some time out from judging to share with the audience about her year, so far. Keep up the good work!
Susan (R) was crowned the Ultimate Grand Supreme. I was so shocked to here that she was 40 and this was her first pageant ever! She did an amazing job and I am so proud of her. I am encouraging her to continue to compete in pageants. She will make an amazing queen.
I just love these little girls. I have been following their pageant careers for over a year. They are all such good friends. At this pageant, Lili and Ariel were in two different age categories. During the crowning, Ariel did not want to go on stage without her friend, Lili. She had to be reminded that they were not together in this division. It was so precious! They encourage and enjoy each other so much. Isn't that what pageantry is all about?
Of course, no pageant takes place without a dedicated director. Valerie (R) puts on four of these small pageants a year. She works so hard and always puts on a classy show. Thank yo Valerie for allowing me to be a part of your pageants as a judge and emcee.

No comments:

Post a Comment