Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Consultation

I am pictured here with author Darci Gudger. It is amazing how small the pageant world actually can be. I received an email from pageant sister, Angela Breidenbach, asking if I could help a friend who was writing a young adult fiction book. This book was going to have a pageant be part of the story line and she needed help learning about pageants in Colorado. So Angela corresponded with both of us and we actually live close to each other.

We met for coffee and to discuss her new book which will actually be the first of three in a series. I was so happy to share about all the wonderful pageant gals I know in the Denver/Metro area. I loved sharing that so many of the strereo types just don't apply, that pageant girls are really nice, usually. I shared how giving of their time and energy they are. Also I shared about how they cheer each other on. I can't wait to read what Darci's take will be on this. When I left our meeting, I felt confident that pageants would be represented well in her book. Keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment