Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pageant Sisters

It is difficult to believe that this picture was taken a year ago. I am pictured with my Colorado International Sisters, (L) Jamie Reed, Miss Colorado International, (C)Emily Schlehuber, Miss Teen Colorado International. This appearance was especially touching because it was not only one of the few we actually all made together, but it truly touched us and bonded us.

One of the things I love about the International system is that there are three divisions. Because of that, I was the "big sister" to these two wonderful young women. Since our reign ended, we have continued to share in each others lives. I attended Emily's graduation from High School and Jamie's wedding reception. It has been an amazing experience to be part of such a wonderful family.
Erin Feltes, Mrs. Colorado Galaxy, and I had lunch with Emily to wish her luck as she left for college. Facebook has been a great way to keep up with Emily and see how she is doing on her next adventure in life.
Although Jamie did not have a formal wedding, she did have a wedding reception held in a quaint park in her home town. I made the two hour each way trip just to be with her and celebrate this exciting day.

I am so proud of my two "little sisters". They are each moving on to a new and wonderful adventure in each of their lives. I wish them the best of luck and many blessings. I know I have been blessed to know them and be a part of their lives. To see what the new International queens are doing to make a difference, you can follow them at the International Pageant Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment