Friday, August 6, 2010

Inferno Day 4

True Confessions. Well, I have some confessing to do. I didn't stick to the plan. I ended up making substitutions twice. The afternoon snack called for an apple. When I went to get it, I discovered that my family had eaten them all. OK,that was probably good for them. Instead I went with a wassa cracker and a piece of string cheese.  This is a snack from the Zone Diet, which I live on. Then for dinner, I ended up having to go to my in-laws for dinner. It was supposed to be steak, spinach and a half a baked potato. I ended up with a small hamburger, no bun, a small scoop of cubed potatoes, and a salad. I think I did fine, but probably ended up over my 1200 calorie limit.

I was proud that I did make it through the entire 1 1/2 hour work out. That included 20 minutes of HIIT. You may be wondering what that stands for. It is High Intensity Interval Training. It is a headliner in all the fitness news. What it looks like is a minute of low intensity alternated with a minute of high intensity.  This is spread out over 10-15 minutes of the 20 minute work out that is done AFTER you complete 45 minutes of aerobic exercise. Needless to say, I was so excited for the 10 minute stretch at the end. It was good to do this in the morning so my energy stayed high the rest of the day. I did crash early and slept through the night. Exercise is a good cure for insomnia. Remember to check back tomorrow for my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment