Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hermit Park Boy Scout Camping

Recently I went camping with our local Boy Scout Troop. We went to Hermit Park and camped the whole weekend. This is Cindy, my tent mate, after the weekend. Yep, no shower since Friday and this was Sunday afternoon. It was a great time shared by my whole family, except my daughter who refuses to camp because she can't plug her straightener into a tree.
On Saturday morning, we climbed to the top of Kurger Rock. That is Long's Peak in the background. This massive rock overlooks the entire Estes Park valley. What an amazing view. This was a good hike with an elevation change of over 1000 feet.
 My handsome hubby lead the hike. Here he is with a good friend, Lawrence. I love that Scouting provides so many opportunities for men to just "hang out" and relax. In these stressful times, that is so important.
I think my son Josh's face (r) says it all. This is why we support Boy Scouts. Instead of spending the weekend watching TV or playing video games, we spent the weekend outdoors.I don't think even a virtual camping game would get this kind of reaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment