Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Western Welcome Week

I attended the Western Welcome Week Street Fair. Western Welcome Week is an annual community celebration in the greater Littleton area. The event started in the late 1920s, and has been held every year since. Western Welcome Week includes over 40 events benefiting dozens of local civic and charitable organizations.In order to support the local police department I attempted to "dunk a cop". Out of three balls, I only nicked the target.
So, they let me "help" trigger the target by running up to it and hitting it with my hand. Ha ha! It was very effective.I love signing autograph cards for little girls and boys- big ones too. I always try to write something on them to encourage them to behave like a princess. Manners matter!This young lady is considering entering in our Miss Teen Division. We have three divisions- Mrs., Miss and Miss Teen. If you would like more information on how to compete, please visit our website.
I had to laugh when I saw "the King of Rock and Roll". This was a photo opportunity I couldn't pass up. A picture of the King and Queen.I enjoyed meeting a lot of the people on the street. The children were so sweet. I liked this picture best. It reminds me that I am always a roll model when I am out. The weight of the crown is heavy, but I only get to wear it for one year. I am making the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment