Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Court of Honor

Three boys from my Den attended Troop 794's recent Court of Honor. This is a ceremony marking a Boy Scouts advancement from one rank to the next. Other awards and achievements are also recognized at this event.My son Stephen was recognized for achieving the rank of Life Scout. We were called up to stand behind him as we have always done to support him in Boy Scouts. My husband, Scott, and I are both in uniform because we are both Merit Badge Councilors for the Troop. Can you tell we are proud?Also recognized at this Court of Honor were the young men and adults who recently completed not one or two Fourteeners but three in one day. Scott, Stephen and Joshua all climbed three mountains over 14 thousand feet in height at the peak. I'm so proud of all my Scouts. Climbing 14ers and achieving Life Scout certainly build character!

No comments:

Post a Comment