Sunday, August 9, 2009

Olathe Corn Festival


The Olathe Corn Festival began the day with a parade through the town. I was invited by Brenda Baecker, Mrs. Colorado International 2008, to ride on the Republican float.I met State Representative Scott Tippin while waiting for the parade to begin.

Here I am with Montrose County Commissioner Dave White. The people in this part of Colorado are so welcoming!

At the corn festival, my duties included signing autograph cards. Tough duty! Ha ha!
My boys had so much fun eating corn, seeing all the vendors and they even were able to try rock climbing! I'm glad I didn't have to watch.
This is the Popcorn Wagon that is used as a fundraiser for the Colorado International Pageants. We are now a non profit. If you would like to have this antique popcorn wagon at your next event, go to our website to contact Cindy.
I'm not sure how much corn I ate. It was a buttery, salty, all you can eat, amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment