Wednesday, September 23, 2009

BSA 100 Anniversary Float


I was honored to ride on the Boy Scouts of America 100th Anniversary Float that was entered in the Broomfield Days Parade.

Jamie and Emily came to cheer me on.They are such good sports! I enjoy spending any time I can get with my sister queens.

The Cub Scout Float featured cool things that Cub Scouts get to do including a real Pinewood Derby track with actual cars on it.

We had a really long wait for our turn since we were the last float in the parade.Because we all shared the Boy Scout experience, it was easy for us to talk to each other. The Boy Scout float showed about camping which is a huge part of the Boy Scout experience.

Several Boys rode with me on the float. I was allowed to stand and wave to the crowd. I am sure there were many perplexed people at the thought of a beauty queen in a uniform. I love to explain that Boy Scouts is my platform and to tell them all the wonderful things Scouting does for our country.


After the parade, there was a huge street fair. I had to continue my support of Boy Scouts by purchasing a Hot Dog from this Troop. Just around the corner, another troop had a Funnel Cake booth. Of course, I had to have one too. I couldn't show favoritism, could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment