Thursday, April 1, 2010

Miss Butterfly

Recently I judged the Miss Butterfly pageant. I love judging pageants because I really do get to see contestants in a new light every time they compete. I have seen some girls be amazing one pageant and fall apart at another. Sometimes it has to do with how they are feeling or what is going on in their lives. Other times they are having a great day or off day, just like the rest of us. It is always wonderful to be able to judge with a friend. Here I am with Jennifer Nackerude, Mrs. Colorado American Queen 2010.
We had to scramble at the last minute to get a replacement judge. My best friend in Scouting and in life came to my rescue, Caroline. Over the last five years, we have lead a rambunctious group of Cub Scouts. I'm not sure which was more difficult, that or judging a pageant. She was a trooper and did a great job.
 Yazzi was selected Queen Supreme Miss Butterfly. She is an amazing young lady. Although she is only about 10 years old, she has already won many crowns, spoken in front of entire schools and is an advocate for children with disabilities including her own brother.
Jamie and Makayla are two beautiful Co Ed queens. They helped out at the pageant and Makayla did an excellent job as mistress of ceremonies. These young ladies are just about everywhere and always ready to lend a hand. Of course, nothing makes me feel better than to see their faces light up and get a hug when ever I see them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment