Thursday, July 2, 2009

Encouragement

One of the most amazing thing I have discovered about beauty queens is how much they really like each other. In general, we are nice to one another. I even remember overhearing a conversation between a young makeup artist and her mom. She was explaining how shocked she was that all the women who were competing in the pageant were so nice.

I am an encourager by nature. One of my favorite books is called Balcony People. It is a short book about how some of the most important people in the world aren't the ones on the stage, but the ones in the balcony, cheering them on. Tonight I was able to do just that. I attended the going away party for Erin Feltes, Mrs. Colorado Galaxy. It was so much fun to wish her well and catch up with an old pageant friend, Rita.Here we all are. I'm not sure what a good name would be for this group. We have spent the year attending each others pageants and cheering each other on. We have share appearances, medical emergencies and encouragement. These ladies represent the best of pageantry- true friendship. We are (L-R) Jessica Smith, Miss Colorado Galaxy 2009; Rita Case, Ms. Colorado Planet Beach 2008 and 1st runner up to Mrs. Colorado 2009; Erin Feltes, Mrs. Colorado Galaxy 2009 and myself, Mrs. Colorado International 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment