Monday, January 3, 2011

Adopt a Grandparent

During the month of December, I asked businesses and friends to adopt a grandparent. This would give a person living in a local retirement community a gift that they otherwise would not receive. I would like to start by thanking the generous businesses and people who gave to allow me to take ten gifts to the Johnson Center.  The businesses that gave are Urban Home, Bellezza Boutique and Denver Spring and Suspension. The individuals who donated include E-Dee Martin, Sarah Buffum, Michelle Medina and  Quisha Hall. Thank you all for making this possible.
Each gift bag included two Mary Kay items. Shown here is the Satin Hands. A wonderful hand cream.
I also included Extra Emollient Night Cream. This is a luxurious cream for the face.
I added a pair of gloves to keep fingers toasty in our cold Denver winter.
I put all these items in a shiny bag wrapped in tissue paper. The bags looked so festive when I finished putting them together. I was so excited to deliver these bags knowing it would brighten the day for someone who might otherwise not receive any gifts this holiday season.
Although it was a downright cold day when I delivered the gift bags to the Johnson Center, my heart was warmed by the generosity of others and my small part in warming one of our elders hearts. I plan to do this again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Such great products to give them as gifts. What a blessing you are to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad, proud and honored to support you in your efforts, Michelle!! I freaking love you from the bottom of my heart! :D

    ReplyDelete