Monday, March 1, 2010

Ronald McDonald House

My 90th and final appearance as Mrs. Colorado International 2009 was serving lunch at the Ronald McDonald House in Aurora, CO. Joining me were (L-R) Erin Feltes, Mrs. Colorado Galaxy 2009, Roni Bibb, Mrs. Colorado International 2010 and Emily Schlehuber, Miss Teen Colorado International 2009.
It was wonderful getting to spend our last day as queens together. Emily has always brought a smile and enthusiasm to all our appearances. She is continuing her work in Eating Disorders Awareness. As someone who struggles daily, she is a true spokesperson for this terrible disease that effects millions in our country.
Erin will crown a new Mrs. Colorado Galaxy next month. She and I have made many appearances together. I have been blessed by her support over the past year.
Roni has blessed me by sharing her title with me since our reigns overlapped by four months. I know the crown is in good hands. She had so amazing and ambitious goals for her reign. I know she will accomplish them all. I wish Roni the best of luck at nationals this summer!
Although we spent the afternoon serving others lunch and munching ourselves, it was so nice to go out for lunch and let someone else serve us. We went to Noodles and Company. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment