Monday, October 12, 2009

Grand Opening Bra Art


I attended the grand opening for the Bra Art exhibit that included my piece of art called "Hero Support". I decided to do this piece because as a queen I support many causes beyond my own platform of Boy Scouts. I wanted to show "support" for Susan G. Komen and the brave and inspirational women and men who battle this disease everyday. Through out the month of October, you can go to Bra Art and bid on these creations to support the fight against breast cancer.

Emily Schlehuber, Miss Teen Colorado International 2009, was on hand to celebrate with me. She does so many appearances in her own right that it is always a joy to have her support me. We are pictured with Basil, a robot that is being developed to help the elderly and those needing a little extra help at home. It actully learns about its environment. This is an exciting technological advance.

Joni is the founder of this event. It is inspired by three of her nieces who all are under 20 and all are battling breast cancer. It is based on the Mask fundraiser. Her artwork was my favorite called twin peaks. You can see it just to my left. It was a very clever use of a bra to represent two snowy mountains. Very appropriate for Colorado. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment